Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
*This “gluten free” recipe was developed using products either labeled as “gluten-free” or likely to be gluten free based on the ingredients typically listed on the products’ labels. We recommend reading all product labels thoroughly and being careful to keep gluten-containing ingredients away from the recipe ingredients and recipe preparation area.
Free From: peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish
- ●6 tablespoons hot water
- ●2 tablespoons flax meal (ground flaxseeds)
- ●2 2/3 cups old-fashioned or quick oats, divided
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- ●2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ●2/3 cup brown rice flour
- ●1/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2/3 cup raisins
- ●1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Allergen Free Semi-Sweet Morsels
- ●Flakey sea salt
Whisk together hot water and ground flax seeds in a small bowl until smooth. Place 2/3 cup oats in a small blender or food processor and process to a flour consistency.
Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in flax mixture and extract. Add ground oats, brown rice flour, garbanzo bean flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until incorporated. Stir in remaining 2 cups oats, then stir in raisins and morsels. Cover; refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Top each with a pinch of sea salt if desired. Let cool before removing from baking sheets.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.