NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Bunny Sandwiches
- ●2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 large eggs
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 cup chopped nuts*
- ●1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla frosting, tinted pink (or other color desired)
- ●Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate and Premier White Morsels, decorator icings or gels
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in semi-sweet morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. These cookies will be slightly smaller.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. While cookies are still warm, cut one third of them in half to create the bunny “ears”. Three cookies will be needed to make each bunny.
Frost centers of bunny ears and each whole cookie bottom with a teaspoon of frosting. To assemble, top icing of one cookie with two “ears” and then top “ears” with frosted whole cookie to create a bunny sandwich.
To decorate, use remaining frosting or decorator icing to adhere morsels for bunny eyes, noses and ears and decorator gels for bunny mouths and whiskers.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.