Mini Chip Cut-out Cookies
- These Mini Chip Cut-out refrigerator cookies are dotted with tiny chocolate chips. Vanilla frosting with a drizzle of melted chocolate completes the decoration.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 oz (283 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla frosting, colored if desired
Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels. Divide dough in half; cover. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
Roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Lift from waxed paper; place on ungreased baking sheets. Chill for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake in preheated 350° F. oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting; pipe with melted chocolate.
TO PIPE CHOCOLATE: Place remaining ½ cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave for additional 10 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe chocolate. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.