Milk Chocolate Florentine Cookies
- These thin, chocolate-filled sandwich cookies make elegant holiday gifts, wrapped in a festive package. Serve them with a fruit sorbet or your favorite gourmet ice cream.
- ●2/3 cup butter
- ●2 cups quick oats
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- ●1/4 cup milk
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with foil.
Melt butter in medium saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well. Drop by level teaspoons, about 3 inches apart, onto foil-lined baking sheets. Spread thinly with rubber spatula.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks. Peel foil from cookies.
Microwave morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread thin layer of melted chocolate onto flat side of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.