Milk Chocolate Florentine Cookies
42 sandwich cookies (3 1/2 dozen)
- These thin, chocolate-filled sandwich cookies make elegant holiday gifts, wrapped in a festive package. Serve them with a fruit sorbet or your favorite gourmet ice cream.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels 34.5 oz
NET WT 34.5 OZ (2.15 lb) 978 g
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with foil.
Melt butter in medium saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well. Drop by level teaspoons, about 3 inches apart, onto foil-lined baking sheets. Spread thinly with rubber spatula.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks. Peel foil from cookies.
Microwave morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread thin layer of melted chocolate onto flat side of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.