Just-for-You Chocolate Cookie Hearts
- ●1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- ●1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ●1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1/2 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- ●1 cup prepared vanilla frosting, divided
- ●Red food coloring
- ●1 tablespoon jimmies or sprinkles
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. If dough is slightly crumbly and does not hold together, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Shape dough into ball. Divide dough in half and place each on plastic wrap. Flatten each into an 8-inch circle. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Roll out one circle of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut cookie dough with a 2 ½ inch diameter heart shaped cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet(s), placing about 2 inches apart. For sandwich cookies, use a 1 ½ inch diameter heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts in centers of the larger hearts on baking sheet. Lift smaller center heart with tip of knife; place on baking sheet near the larger hearts. Repeat with trimmings and other circle of dough.
Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until tops are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Divide vanilla frosting in half. Tint half pink with red food coloring. Frost hearts and top with other hearts for a sandwich. Decorate as desired. Store in single layers between sheets of wax paper in tightly covered container.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.