Frosted Double Chocolate Cookies
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 large egg
- ●1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ●2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ●1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ●2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Microwave 3/4 cup morsels in a small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Beat 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in melted chocolate and egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Microwave remaining 1/2 cup morsels and 2 tablespoons butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Add powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. Thinly frost centers of cookies with chocolate frosting.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.