- These Football Cookies will give everyone something to cheer about! Using our refrigerated chocolate chip bar dough, cookies are cut into football shapes and decorated with icing and licorice for that finishing touch. Try incorporating your team colors and bring these cookies to a tailgate party or a big school game!
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, plus additional for rolling
- ●Decorator icings (various colors)
- ●Red or black thin licorice rope
- ●1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, *softened at room temperature for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 325º F. Grease two baking sheets.
Combine softened cookie dough and cocoa in large mixer bowl. This can be done with a mixer or with clean hands.
Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of wax paper, using additional cocoa to prevent sticking. Cut cookie dough with 3-inch football shaped cookie cutter. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with trimmings.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are set. (If using dark baking sheets, check at 12 minutes). Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Decorate cookies with icings as desired. Cut licorice into small pieces to form laces. Let stand for 15 minutes to set icing. Store cookies in between wax paper layers in covered container.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.