Classic Chocolate Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- Try this delicious chocolate cake topped with a creamy chocolate frosting.
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, melted, cooled slightly
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- ●1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 cup milk
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup milk. Spoon and spread into prepared baking pan(s).
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (13 x 9- inch 30 to 32 minutes) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes; invert round cakes onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
Microwave remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and 1/3 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe mixer bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, remaining teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon salt into chocolate mixture until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar alternately with 2 to 3 tablespoons milk until smooth.
Frost cake with chocolate frosting.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.