Opens in a new window
24 servings, 2 cookies each
Chocolate Snappers are sweet and chocolatey. Everyone will love 'em!
- ●6 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ●2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ●1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●1 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ●1 large egg
- ●1/4 cup light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine cocoa and vegetable oil in small bowl until blended.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, 1 cup sugar and egg in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add corn syrup and cocoa mixture; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/3 cup sugar to coat. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.