Chocolate Mini Chip Holiday Cookies
- The cut-out Chocolate Mini Chip Holiday Cookies are dotted with mini chocolate chips and topped with frosting and a drizzle of melted chocolate for a special treat. Fun to make with kids.
- ●1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 large egg yolk
- ●2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- ●1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla frosting, colored if desired
Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 ½ cups morsels. Divide dough in half. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Roll half of dough to ¼-inch thickness between two sheets of wax paper. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters. Lift from wax paper; place on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting; pipe with melted chocolate.
To Pipe Chocolate: Place remaining 1/2 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave for 10 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe chocolate.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.