Chocolate Chip Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
- ●2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 tablespoon baking powder
- ●3/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ●1 1/2 cups milk
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla bean, chocolate or cream cheese icing
- ●Optional additions: sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, chopped nuts
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Place morsels and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds; stir. If needed, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second increments, stirring just until melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
Cook waffles in waffle maker, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Cut cooked waffles into matching shapes, making sure each piece has a pair. Place a dollop of icing in the center of one waffle, then spread to cover the waffle. Top with optional fruit slices or nuts. Then place another waffle on top, to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining pairs of waffles.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.