Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix In A Jar
- A gift of love from your own kitchen.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Place flour mixture in 1-quart jar. Layer morsels, brown sugar and granulated sugar in order listed above, pressing firmly after each layer. Seal with lid and decorate with fabric and ribbon.
RECIPE TO ATTACH: Preheat oven to 375° F. Beat 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended. Add cookie mix and 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional); mix well, breaking up any clumps. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.