Chocolate Brunch Waffles
10 Belgian waffle squares
Make Sunday brunch special with these chocolaty waffles. Topped with fruit and whipped cream, they're perfect for brunch or as a dessert. Great for entertaining or a special family treat.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sifted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, ice cream
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Microwave morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
Cook in Belgian waffle maker* according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
* Can also be cooked in standard waffle maker (makes about 20 standard-size waffle squares).