Chocolate Brunch Waffles
- ●2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 tablespoon baking powder
- ●3/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- ●1 1/2 cups milk
- ●3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ●1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ●Toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sifted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, ice cream
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Microwave morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
Cook in Belgian waffle maker* according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
* Can also be cooked in standard waffle maker (makes about 20 standard-size waffle squares).
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.