Chocolate Baby Cakes
- Chocolate Baby Cakes are a quick yet elegant springtime sensation at any baby or bridal shower. These festive cupcakes bring a sweet touch to special celebrations.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa 8 oz
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Prepared white frosting
- Pink and/or blue food coloring
Preheat oven to 350° F. Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Spoon ¼ cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine frosting and a couple drops of desired food coloring in medium bowl; stir well. Frost cupcakes.