Chewy Cherry Chocolate Cookies
- ●2 1/2 cups * (16 ounces total) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
- ●2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon baking soda
- ●3/4 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup sour cream
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 package (6 ounces) dried cherries, chopped
Microwave 1 3/4 cups chunks in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Chunks may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 - 15 second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Beat sugar, brown sugar, sour cream and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add melted chocolate; stir until blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in dried cherries and remaining 3/4 cup chunks. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease baking sheets.
Drop dough by level 1/4 cup measure, 3 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. (Dough is easier to handle when well chilled.)
Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until edges are firm and center is set. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.