Cherry-Chocolate Studded Snickerdoodles
- Impress your friends and guests with these delicious cookies.
- ●2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- ●1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 large eggs
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/3 cups morsels and cherries.
Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Top balls with remaining 2/3 cup morsels.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or just until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.