Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
12 to 16 servings
- Perfect for fall and Thanksgiving entertaining, this Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake combines delicious butterscotch morsels, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin together to form a dense but moist cake.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Heat evaporated milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining 2/3 cup morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving. Serve sauce with cake.