Pies & Tarts
Butterscotch Pecan Perfection Pie
- Butterscotch Pecan Perfection Pie is simple with a Southern flair. Try it as a snack or as a perfect ending to a special meal or festive occasion.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Melt 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Add corn syrup, eggs, flour and salt to melted morsels. Beat on medium until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour pecan mixture into pie shell.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out with little bits of filling attached. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time.
Line baking sheet with wax paper.
Place remaining 1/3 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag. Drizzle 10 circular designs about 2 inches high and wide onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm.
Place 10 dollops of whipped cream around edge of pie. Remove drizzle designs from refrigerator. With tip of knife, gently remove designs from wax paper and insert, standing up, into dollops. Serve immediately.