Butterscotch Ice Cream Pie
- A smooth, butterscotch-flavored custard dotted with toasted pecans is frozen in a graham cracker crust for a delightful ice cream dessert pie.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup pecans and butter in a small bowl. Press firmly on bottom and 1-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
Combine 1/2 cup cream, eggs and nutmeg in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add morsels. Let stand for 3 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Whip remaining 1 1/2 cups cream in a chilled small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into butterscotch mixture. Pour half of mixture into crust; sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Spoon remaining filling over nut layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.