Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
- Pumpkin makes a delightful addition to your rum cake! The rum butter glaze in this recipe adds elegance and flavor to this classic cake.
- ●3/4 cup chopped pecans
- ●3 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●1 teaspoon salt
- ●1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened, divided
- ●1 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- ●4 large eggs
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 tablespoons water
- ●2 to 3 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
Melt remaining 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter in small saucepan; stir in remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in rum.
Make holes in cake with long pick; pour half of rum glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and invert onto plate. Make holes in top of cake; pour remaining rum glaze over cake. Cool. Garnish as desired.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.