Pumpkin Orange Cake Roll
- This delightful and elegant Pumpkin Orange Cake Roll has an angel food cake as a base and is filled with a cinnamon-orange scented pumpkin filling. A lighter alternative to heavy holiday desserts.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 1/4 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with foil. Foil should extend 1 inch above edge of pan. Sprinkle a clean towel with powdered sugar.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water and adding 1 ½ teaspoons orange peel at end of mixing time. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off foil. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
Combine pumpkin, granulated sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and remaining teaspoon orange peel in a medium bowl. Carefully unroll cake; spread pumpkin mixture over cake. Re-roll cake. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Spoon jelly into small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut off corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle jelly over cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE