Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake features a gingersnap crust and is loaded with flavor! Nestlé Kitchens teamed up with Robyn Webb, who created this diabetic-friendly treat using Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. It's low on carbs and high on Vitamin A and taste! Photo by Olga Berman.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 14 gingersnap cookies, processed to form crumbs (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon stevia (such as Stevia in the Raw)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (1%) cottage cheese, stained and pressed (see note)
- 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Greek plain non fat yogurt
- 1 can (15 ounces) plus 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 12 pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Position an oven rack to the middle of the oven.
For the crust, combine cookie crumbs, oil, 1/2 tablespoon stevia, sugar and cinnamon. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool.
For the filling, increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees. Add cottage cheese to a food processor and process until very smooth. Add yogurt and cream cheese and process for another 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add in pumpkin, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons stevia, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and process until smooth. With the processor running, add eggs, one at a time, and process until incorporated.
Add the batter to the prepared crust. Bake the cheesecake for about 8 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake until the cheesecake is set, about 1 hour. Transfer the cake to a wire rack. Run a paring knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it. Cool completely at room temperature. For about 2-3 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Remove the sides of the pan and let the cheesecake come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Garnish with pecan, slice and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE