Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake features a gingersnap crust and is loaded with flavor! Nestlé Kitchens teamed up with Robyn Webb, who created this diabetic-friendly treat using Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. It's low on carbs and high on Vitamin A and taste! Photo by Olga Berman.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 14 gingersnap cookies, processed to form crumbs (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon stevia (such as Stevia in the Raw)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (1%) cottage cheese, stained and pressed (see note)
- 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Greek plain non fat yogurt
- 1 can (15 ounces) plus 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 12 pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Position an oven rack to the middle of the oven.
For the crust, combine cookie crumbs, oil, 1/2 tablespoon stevia, sugar and cinnamon. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool.
For the filling, increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees. Add cottage cheese to a food processor and process until very smooth. Add yogurt and cream cheese and process for another 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add in pumpkin, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons stevia, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and process until smooth. With the processor running, add eggs, one at a time, and process until incorporated.
Add the batter to the prepared crust. Bake the cheesecake for about 8 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake until the cheesecake is set, about 1 hour. Transfer the cake to a wire rack. Run a paring knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it. Cool completely at room temperature. For about 2-3 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Remove the sides of the pan and let the cheesecake come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Garnish with pecan, slice and serve.