Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes with Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting
- ●1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●1 teaspoon salt
- ●2 cups packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ●3 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●4 large eggs
- ●2 cups grated carrots
- ●3/4 cup golden raisins
- ●4 ounces light cream cheese
- ●1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ●1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ●Candied orange peel for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups.
Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, oil and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel in large mixer bowl until blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in carrots and raisins. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
Bake for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out almost clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon grated orange peel in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; garnish with candied orange peel.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.