Pumpkin Carrot Cake
- Try a new twist to carrot cake—add pumpkin!
- ●2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●2 teaspoons baking soda
- ●2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●3/4 cup milk
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ●3 large eggs
- ●1 1/4 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ●1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- ●1 cup (about 3 medium) carrots, grated
- ●1 cup coconut, flaked
- ●1 1/4 cups nuts, chopped, divided
- ●11 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ●1/3 cup butter, softened
- ●3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●2 teaspoons orange juice
- ●1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two 9-inch-round cake pans.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Combine milk and lemon juice in liquid measuring cup (mixture will appear curdled).
Beat eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pineapple, carrots and milk mixture in large mixer bowl; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in coconut and 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared cake pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine cream cheese, butter and sifted powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Add vanilla extract, orange juice and grated orange peel; beat until combined.
Frost between layers, on sides and top of cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with remaining nuts. Store in refrigerator.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.