Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread Cake
12 to 16 servings
- Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread Cake is wonderfully moist and has great flavors, too. To add an extra flair, serve it with a soft ice cream or whipped topping.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup (1 large) peeled, shredded baking apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, apple and molasses. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in bread comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients