Iced Pumpkin Cookies
60 cookies (5 dozen)
- These Iced Pumpkin Cookies are moist and delectable! The icing flavored with rum adds an intriguing flavor.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in medium bowl. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread each cookie with frosting.
Beat butter, rum extract and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and evaporated milk until smooth (frosting will be thin).