Pumpkin Walnut Cookies
5 dozen cookies
- These delicious Pumpkin-Walnut Cookies are great for a snack or holiday bake sale.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Walnut pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine 1 cup butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Continue beating for 1 to 2 minutes or until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in 1 cup walnuts by hand. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Garnish with walnuts.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients