Pumpkin Walnut Cookies
5 dozen cookies
- These delicious Pumpkin-Walnut Cookies are great for a snack or holiday bake sale.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Walnut pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine 1 cup butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Continue beating for 1 to 2 minutes or until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in 1 cup walnuts by hand. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Garnish with walnuts.