Pumpkin Orange Cookies
4 dozen cookies
- These moist, pumpkin-flavored cookies are drizzled with an orange glaze for a tasty finishing touch.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 4 to 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until creamy. Add pumpkin, egg, 2 tablespoons orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange peel; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in medium bowl until smooth. Spread each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon glaze.
If using 29oz Libby’s Pure Pumpkin
Double all ingredients