Opens in a new window
- Shrimp bisque is great for a weekend get-together or to surprise a loved one.
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- ●1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- ●1/2 cup chopped onion
- ●1/2 cup chopped celery
- ●1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ●3 cups water
- ●1 tablespoon ketchup
- ●1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- ●1 bay leaf
- ●1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- ●1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp, onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
Melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in evaporated milk and wine. Heat through; do not boil.