- Shrimp bisque is great for a weekend get-together or to surprise a loved one.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp, onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
Melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in evaporated milk and wine. Heat through; do not boil.