6 Belgian-style waffle sandwiches
- Weeknight Waffle-wiches are a savory twist on a basic waffle, featuring an easy cheese sauce, ham and bacon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- ●12 slices turkey bacon, cooked and divided
- ●6 slices (about 4 ounces) thinly-sliced deli ham, divided
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- ●1 package (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ●3 cups plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose baking mix, divided
- ●3/4 cup water
- ●1 large egg, beaten
- ●3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
Combine 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 1 teaspoon baking mix in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat; cover.
Whisk together remaining evaporated milk, water, remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in medium bowl. Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until well blended.
Preheat Belgian waffle maker• according to manufacturer’s directions. Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker. (This amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker.) Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in oven.
Spread 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffle squares. Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on cheese sauce on each. Top with second waffle to make waffle-wiches.
Tips: • Can also be cooked in a standard waffle maker (makes about 18 standard-sized waffles). • Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.