Turkey Enchilada Stack
Turkey Enchilada Stack transforms Thanksgiving leftovers in this Mexican-inspired dish featuring layers of turkey, shredded cheese, warm tortillas and homemade enchilada sauce. It'll be 'gobbled' up in no time.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 6 king size (7 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded white meat turkey or meat from 2 lb. rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded light cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained, divided (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Light sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin, sugar and bouillon; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste, water and evaporated milk; cook for a few minutes to heat through. Pour through fine-mesh strainer; discard onion/garlic pieces.
Heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 40 seconds or until very warm.
Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over bottom of 9-inch-round deep-dish pie plate. Place 2 tortillas over sauce, covering entire bottom of pie plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups turkey, ¾ cup cheese, 1/2 cup green onions, half of the olives and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Top with about ½ cup sauce. Place 2 more tortillas over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups turkey, ¾ cup cheese, remaining 1/2 cup green onions, remaining olives and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Top with about ½ cup sauce. Top with remaining 2 tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; cover loosely with foil.
Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro before serving. Serve with sour cream.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.