Opens in a new window
This Three Vegetable Bake is an easy-to-prepare vegetable side dish that's attractive enough for holiday meals, yet simple enough for weeknight dinners. Serve with chicken, fish, pork or turkey. In a hurry? Take advantage of frozen vegetables to make this dish even easier.
- ●3 cups (about 3 medium) coarsely chopped red or other waxy potatoes
- ●1 cup (1 medium) peeled and coarsely chopped parsnip
- ●3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- ●3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- ●2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- ●1 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ●1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Microwave potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
Microwave remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.