Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes with Parmesan & Thyme
This Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes with Parmesan & Thyme has layers of sweet and white potatoes nestled in a creamy sauce, accented with Parmesan and thyme, making this twist on a classic dish a welcome and elegant change.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat evaporated milk, bouillon, onion powder and thyme in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and bouillon is dissolved. Add potatoes.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, rearranging potatoes gently and occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.