Swedish Meatballs with Noodles
- Meatballs and ribbon noodles are a quintessential Swedish dish. Moistened with evaporated milk and seasoned with dill, these tender and aromatic meatballs are the perfect partner for luscious noodles and gravy. This is great for both family gatherings or casual entertaining.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups (1 pound) dry noodles, cooked and drained
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix ground beef, onions, breadcrumbs, water, egg, dry milk, garlic salt and nutmeg lightly but thoroughly in medium bowl. Shape into 2-inch balls. Place in jelly-roll pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain; reserve fat drippings. Keep meatballs warm.
Combine fat drippings from meatballs (adding vegetable oil to make 1/2 cup) and flour in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth, evaporated milk, dill and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add meatballs to sauce; stir. Serve over noodles.