Stovetop Beef & Penne Casserole
12 servings (two 6-serving meals)
Lean ground beef and pasta, plus the surprising addition of pumpkin and evaporated milk, make this hearty Stovetop Beef & Penne Casserole dish both nutritious and delicious. This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry penne pasta (or small pasta of your choice)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
Cook pasta in large saucepan for 1 to 2 minutes less than package directions (pasta should be slightly firm in texture); drain.
Cook beef and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin, tomato sauce, sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to simmer. Add pasta and peas; stir until heated.