Steak Fajitas with Lime Crema
Makes 4 servings
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeños
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound flank or sirloin steak
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lime juice
- Zest from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Accompaniments: flour or corn tortillas, salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole
In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and cilantro for marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Place steak, onion and bell pepper in bowl and toss to coat with marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine evaporated milk, sour cream, 2 to 3 teaspoons lime juice, lime zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Grill steak to desired temperature/doneness. Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Sauté vegetables and remaining marinade in a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until onions are soft. Slice steak thinly and serve with sautéed vegetables, lime crema, warm tortillas, and other accompaniments.