South-of-the-Border Chicken & Rice Bake
9 servings, 1 cup each
This South-of-the-Border Chicken & Rice Bake will spice up your family's chicken and rice dinner with southwest-style vegetables and flavors and it's easy to make!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 ounces) Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, chicken and rice. Cover dish tightly with foil.
Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.