Opens in a new window
6 servings, 1 cup each
- Treat your family to a seafood feast with tasty shrimp mixed with creamy fettuccine pasta. This rich and creamy pasta dish is so easy to prepare.
- ●8 ounces dry fettuccine
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- ●3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ●1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ●1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp
- ●1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ●Fresh whole or finely sliced basil leaves for garnish (optional)
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat until garlic is fragrant. Stir in flour and black pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a gentle boil and thickens slightly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese until melted. Add shrimp and bell pepper; heat for an additional minute or until shrimp are warm.
Toss with pasta. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and basil. Serve immediately.