Soups & Salads
Opens in a new window
- This shredded vegetable soup is creamy and full of nutritious vegetables. Chayote (mirliton squash) lends the comforting texture to this delicious soup. A typical ingredient of the Aztec and Mayan cuisine, this vegetable is high in potassium and low in carbohydrates. Try this one with spaghetti squash and other varieties of vegetables, too!
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ●4 cups water
- ●2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- ●2 zucchini, finely shredded
- ●1 chayote, peeled and finely shredded
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in water, carrots, zucchini, chayote, evaporated milk and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.