Salmon Fillets with Creamy Corn & Dill
- Salmon Fillets with a delicious creamy dill flavored corn sauce make a fresh and tasty dish that is great for family meals or entertaining.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (about 4 ounces each, 1 1/2 pounds total) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces.) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill, divided
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Spray large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Place salmon in skillet. Cook, turning once, for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; place salmon skin-side-down on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Do not overbake. Baking time will vary slightly with thickness of fillets.
Meanwhile, combine corn, evaporated milk, flour, garlic powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in half of dill.
To serve, pour corn mixture on serving platter or divide mixture between six plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle salmon with remaining dill.