Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce
7 servings (1/2 cup each)
Mac & Cheese is a standard favorite, but we have mixed it up with this Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce recipe. We’ve made traditional cheese sauce with Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk and changed-up the cheese and pasta while adding sun-dried tomatoes for a luscious Mac & Cheese inspired dish.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry penne pasta
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian-style four-cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for last two minutes of cooking time; drain.
Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
Add pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to cheese sauce; stir until combined.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.