Morning Maple Polenta
- Morning Maple Polenta is an easy-to-prepare breakfast treat that takes less than 30 minutes. Delicious!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Combine water, evaporated milk, corn meal and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture reaches a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
Stir in 1/4 cup syrup and butter. Spoon into serving bowls; top with remaining syrup. Sprinkle with raisins. Serve immediately.