Italian Pumpkin Strata
- Italian Pumpkin Strata is a dense, creamy vegetable-filled strata, or layered casserole that employs bread, cheese, milk, pumpkin and eggs to create a moist and delicious casserole you can cut into squares or wedges.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 cups (about 1 pound loaf) 1 1/2-inch cubes Italian or French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, bell peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring to break up sausage, for 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
Combine bread cubes, cheese and sausage mixture in a large bowl. Beat evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and marjoram in medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm.