Pies & Tarts
Mini Custard Fruit Tarts
- Individual custard tarts served with fresh fruit are the essence of simplicity after a rich meal. Light and delicate yet flavorful these tarts make a lovely presentation dressed with fresh mint leaves.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
- 6 prepared single-serving graham cracker crusts
- 1 package (3 ounces) vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
Combine pudding mix and water in small saucepan. Add evaporated milk and lemon peel; stir until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
Pour into crusts; refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Top with fruit and mint leaves before serving.