Mexican Spiced Coffee (Café de Olla)
- Mexican Spiced Coffee (Café de Olla) will help to warm up the holiday season. This delightful drink features an alluring blend of brown sugar, zesty cinnamon and creamy NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk. Great for entertaining.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed piloncillo or packed dark brown sugar
- 2 medium cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds (optional)
- 2 whole cloves (optional)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLASICO Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Combine water, piloncillo, cinnamon sticks, anise and cloves in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in coffee granules. Cover; steep for 5 minutes.
Heat evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly until milk is frothy and just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
Strain coffee through a fine sieve into individual serving cups. Serve immediately with frothed milk on the side.