Soups & Salads
Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup
- Exceptional and creamy Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup is made piquant with lemon juice and a garnish of fresh basil.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 cans (14.5 fluid ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 cups (6 ounces) cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Boil broth in medium saucepan. Add rice and carrot; cook until carrot is tender. Stir in chicken, bell pepper, lemon juice and garlic.
Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into soup. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to just a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in basil before serving.