Soups & Salads
Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup
- This unique combination of flavors in this Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup makes for a delicious and nutritious soup. Use as a hearty appetizer or as a main dish.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 can (14 3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add water, potatoes, corn, chiles, bouillon, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir a small amount of evaporated milk into flour in small bowl to make a smooth paste; gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk. Stir milk mixture into soup. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup comes just to a boil and thickens slightly. Season with salt and ground black pepper.