Ham & Tater Corn Chowder
Pair familiar ingredients with new ideas to create surprising, easy dishes your family will request over and over again. Handy ingredients make this hearty Ham & Tater Corn Chowder a perfect choice for a busy weeknight dinner. Your kids are sure to dive right in once they see their chowder topped with taters!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 18 frozen potato puffs (such as TATER TOTS®)
- 2 cans (14 fluid ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Prepare potato puffs according to package directions.
Meanwhile, combine broth and evaporated milk in large saucepan. Bring mixture just to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Add ham, potato flakes, corn, onion powder and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes until creamy and slightly thick. Top each serving with three potato puffs and green onions, if desired.