Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Bolivian Sauce
- Spicy hot yellow peppers, creamy goat cheese, nutty quinoa, and peanuts make these Grilled chicken breasts with Spicy Bolivian Sauce a special meal.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot yellow pepper paste or puree (aji amarillo) or habanero hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) goat cheese or 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Grill or broil chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
Place milk, quinoa, peanuts and onion mixture in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add the cheese; pulse a few times to blend. Return sauce to skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until creamy and heated through. Season with salt and pepper. (Makes about 2 cups)
To serve, arrange chicken breasts on platter. Pour sauce over chicken.